Remote Volunteer Reading Tutors For K-5 APS Schools
How it works…
- APS Central Office will seek to secure 10-50 volunteers to assist participating schools
- Schools will be responsible for targeting specific grade levels or subgroups
- Volunteers will work with students 1-on-1 twice each week using the BookNook synchronous reading program
- Students will need to have internet access and a device larger than a phone to participate
- APS Central Office will handle volunteer recruitment expenses, participating schools will pay a modest fee depending on the size of the program
- APS staff will also get access to the BookNook synchronous teaching platform for no additional charge
What you can expect…
- 10-50 volunteer tutors
- Two sessions of tutoring per student per week
- Schoolwide access to a synchronous reading instruction tool
- Full staff and support training on the BookNook literacy platform. This will include administrator training, student profile alignment, and implementation training.
- Monthly check-ins with BookNook support team to review data and best practices.
- Continuous BookNook tech support for all users.
- APS & BookNook collectively will help coordinate additional volunteer support.
Our Partners say…
“It’s hard to believe it’s a pilot program. It’s so well put together and the professionalism of the teachers are astounding! I love the convenience of online tutoring. My son has learned so much and gained so much confidence in reading since BookNook started. He’s enjoying the program and so am I.”
– BookNook Parent
“BookNook was the perfect solution at the right time! We scrambled to plan for remote learning, and small group instruction was on a back burner.
We used BookNook in our summer program and can’t wait for everyone to dive in this fall—regardless of our model.”
– Groton Dunstable School District