Remote Reading Tutors For K-8 Students
During spring school closures, BookNook offered live tutoring to accompany its users and the success we saw lead us to believe we were on to something….
Our Partners Had This To Say…
“It’s hard to believe it’s a pilot program. It’s so well put together and the professionalism of the teachers are astounding! I love the convenience of online tutoring. My son has learned so much and gained so much confidence in reading since BookNook started. He’s enjoying the program and so am I.”
– BookNook Parent
“We love it!! This is exactly what our daughter needs during shelter in place”
– BookNook Parent
“BookNook was the perfect solution at the right time! We scrambled to plan for remote learning, and small group instruction was on a back burner.
We used BookNook in our summer program and can’t wait for everyone to dive in this fall— regardless of our model.”
– Groton Dunstable School District
How it works…
– Tutors use the BookNook app to work with students in 1:1 or small group sessions to develop literacy skills.
– Tutor will be all levels of teachers, paraprofessionals, college/high school students and/or volunteers.
– Devices pair for synchronous learning remotely or in-person.
– BookNook will run on any computer or tablet
– Lessons take 30 minutes.
– Rates based on number of students receiving tutors and/or volunteer tutors available
What will be expected of your school…
– Identify the population of students at your site that will participate in using BookNook.
– Communicate opportunity to families.
– Support fidelity usage of the program, ensuring students attend minimum number of sessions.
What you can expect…
– Access to thousands of tutors of all levels to assist your students while using BookNook
– Full staff and support training. This will include an administrator for training, student profile alignment, and implementation training.
– Monthly check-ins with BookNook support team to review data and best practice
– Continuous BookNook tech support for all users.