Remote Guided Reading For TK-6 WCCUSD Schools
How it works…
– Staff use the BookNook app to work with students in 1-1 or small group sessions to develop literacy skills.
– App Reading Guides can be teachers, paraprofessionals, or volunteers.
– Devices pair for synchronous learning remotely or in-person.
– BookNook will run on WCCUSD provided devices.
– Lessons take 30 minutes.
What will be expected of your school…
– Identify the population of students at your site that will participate in the program.
– Identify a program champion. This could be an administrator or staff member that will have regular oversight of the day-to-day functions.
– Identify building and/or volunteer support to implement the program.
– Communicate opportunity to families.
– Strategize and coordinate scheduling of services with families and staff.
– Attend regularly scheduled check-ins with BookNook support staff and WCCUSD district team to review program progress.
– Support fidelity usage of the program, ensuring students attend minimum number of sessions.
What you can expect…
– Full staff and support training on the BookNook literacy platform. This will include administrator training, student profile alignment, and implementation training.
– Monthly check-ins with BookNook support team to review data and best practices.
– Continuous BookNook tech support for all users.
Our Partners say…
“It’s hard to believe it’s a pilot program. It’s so well put together and the professionalism of the teachers are astounding! I love the convenience of online tutoring. My son has learned so much and gained so much confidence in reading since BookNook started. He’s enjoying the program and so am I.”
– BookNook Parent
“BookNook was the perfect solution at the right time! We scrambled to plan for remote learning, and small group instruction was on a back burner.
We used BookNook in our summer program and can’t wait for everyone to dive in this fall—regardless of our model.”
– Groton Dunstable School District