WCCUSD After School Online Literacy Program
Through funding in the District Expanded Learning Office, WCCUSD will bring BookNook to your school site for the 2020-2021 School Year!
How it works…
– Staff use the BookNook app to work with students in 1-1 or small group sessions to develop literacy skills.
– App Reading Guides can be after school program teachers, paraprofessionals, or volunteers.
– Devices pair for synchronous learning remotely or in-person.
– Lessons take 30 minutes.
What will be expected of your school…
– Identify the population of students at your site that will participate in the program.
– Connect with your After School Program Leader to help get them onboard
– Communicate opportunity to families.
– Strategize and coordinate scheduling of services with families and staff.
– After School Program Leader will attend regularly scheduled check-ins with BookNook support staff to review program progress.
What you can expect…
– After School Program staff and volunteer training on the BookNook literacy platform. This will include administrator training, student profile alignment, and implementation training.
– Monthly check-ins with BookNook support team to review data and best practices.
– Continuous BookNook tech support for all users.
Our Partners say…
“BookNook was the perfect solution at the right time! We scrambled to plan for remote learning, and small group instruction was on a back burner.
We used BookNook in our summer program and can’t wait for everyone to dive in this fall—regardless of our model.”
– Groton Dunstable School District
I enjoyed the structure of the program, the flexibility for teachers to change lessons at their discretion, and for the opportunity for interaction with the students. It had a wide variety of books on many different skill levels and I think it will be helpful to the students as they prepare for virtual learning in the fall.
Elementary School Teacher, Shelby County Schools
What I loved most about BookNook is its user-friendly interface for teachers and students. There was no guesswork, as I did not have to worry whether our On-site or Remote Learning Guides time used wisely. The lessons kept both the guides and students engaged.
Reading Program Developer, AmeriCorps Vista