BookNook has a new look and here’s why…
It’s been a big year at BookNook, as we’ve grown to serve over 400 partner schools, school districts, and nonprofits across 35 states. Our BookNook logo and brand have been one of the few constants as we’ve gone from 6 people working out of a converted warehouse space in Oakland to over 50 employees and contractors spread out across the US.
Much as we have loved working under the blue and white banner, we feel it’s time for a change. Our new brand identity showcases a new logo, font, and colors. But that’s not all. Beyond our logo update, we also took a good look at our mission, messaging, and focus to better reflect the way we help meet the needs of schools and communities.
Here’s what’s changed:
- New Tagline = Grow together We have been troubled by the deficit based mindset being used to talk about the trauma children, families, and educators have experienced during the pandemic. Because of this we chose to update our tagline to reflect a growth mindset and to emphasize the importance of meaningful person-to-person connections. It’s true that no app can teach a child alone — it takes a human touch.
- New Multi-Color Logo goes beyond just good style. It represents our multiple product offerings, including both our core K-8 ELA instructional program and our new remote tutoring service, which has been growing by leaps and bounds. The rainbow effect showcases that the sky’s the limit for BookNook as we prepare to support subjects beyond ELA.
- New Mission Statement. We feel that times of great change and growth are also times to reflect on our purpose as a company. To that end, we’ve updated our mission statement:BookNook is on a mission to ensure equitable access to rigorous and engaging instruction through technology innovation
Here’s what will always remain the same:
- Our commitment to serving students
- Our belief in collaborative learning
- Our dedication to equity
This is a very exciting time of growth for the BookNook team. We are incredibly proud of the work that we do, and are thankful for the employees, the partnerships, and the communities that have accompanied us in our growth.
Here’s to the next chapter!
Founder | CEO